Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good things come to those that wait

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said “Perseverance is a great element of success.” Albert Einstein said “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” In the quest to get some assistance from Dutch Bros regarding my upcoming Dutch Treat ride, I had resigned myself to the latter. After months of trying to get some corporate attention, I had all but given up. I had emailed them; hand delivered a proposal and even attempted to enlist the help of my local owner. All to no avail. Thank goodness I have a brother who wasn’t bleeding at the forehead from repeated contact with the proverbial brick wall.

Daryl mentioned the ride to the latest DB franchisee in Kelso, Washington, who apparently took pity on me. Mark forwarded the Dutch Treat information to corporate which made a pin hole in the dam. I received an email from Dutch Bros indicating that while no financial donation was available, logistical help would be considered. Within a few days the flood gates opened and it seems like I’ve got the full faith and backing of the company to include assistance from their public relations firm. Dutch Treat is poised on the edge of a full blown media campaign.

Thanks little brother.

1 comment:

LDRydr said...

Excellent news Paul!