Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dutch Bros 151

The photo posted from my phone earlier today is stop number 151 on Dutch Treat. Today's trip to Grants Pass was necessary prior to my June ride for one reason: I don't know where this Dutch Bros "store" is. Last summer Esther and I were doing a little reconnisence of the Grants Pass/Medford area to make sure my GPS coordinates were accurate. When we got to 151, address 1101 Grants Pass Parkway, all we found was a Fred Meyer. We drove round and round and through the parking lot looking in vain for something similiar to almost every other Dutch Bros. That is, we were looking for a drive through. That was our mistake.

Of all 159 Dutch Bros locations there are only three that require someone to leave their car. One is in a student hall on the OSU campus in Corvallis. Another is in downtown Grants Pass in a store known with the Dutch Bros culture as "The Coffee House". The third is inside the aforementioned Fred Meyer. While Esther and I were driving round and round, it never occurred to me to look inside. Dutch Bros 151 is practically a coffee cart and like no other location. Who knew?

Well, I know now. And I also know it's just inside the west door of the Fred Meyer. So during Dutch Treat when the minutes count I won't be riding around and around wondering where the elusive store 151 is located.

1 comment:

Jerry White said...

I didn't know that Dutch Brothers was a drive thru chain.