Monday, August 9, 2010

The Jackass is in the Pen

It was after 11 AM when I finally departed the good folks at Stephan Wade Motorsports and got on the road for a very indirect ride to Bluff. Thanks to Brian, Joey and Neil for taking care of me. The Pirelli Angel Street has a nice feel and easy turn in. A few miles down the road it occurred to me I had read a review of this tire in a magazine a couple of months back. The tester liked it but mention the center of the tire is solid with no tread pattern to disperse water. Something to remember in the rain.

I enjoyed a nice, uneventful ride today that took me in and out of Utah and Arizona twice. My route took me Page, AZ and then (eventually) north to Bluff. Monument Valley is beautiful: I'm sad Esther missed that during our SW trip several years ago. I have to bring her back someday.

No sign of the rally master in Bluff, so I pushed on to the nights lodging in Monticello about 40 miles north. My stinky LD Comforts are washed, I'm fed and now its time to get into rally mode.

No comments: