Sunday, August 8, 2010

Luck caught up with me.

For the first time in a decade of LD Riding and rallies, I managed to pick up a nail in one of my tires. Riding through the mountains just outside of Rachel I noticed that the bike wasn't handling the way it should. In the small town of Caliente I found out why: the rear had a nail and 12.5 pounds of air pressure. The edges were seriously cupped and the center of the tire bulging slightly. I filled the tire with air and limped into Cedar City. The tire seemed to be holding air pretty well, indicating that I picked up the nail early in the day but just didn't notice o n the long Nevada straights that don't require a lot of cornering.

I'm now in St. George, Utah, at one of the nicer Motel 6s and waiting for Stephan Wade Powersports to open tomorrow morning. I'm sure they'll have a tire that fits althought judging by the number of sport bikes on the showroom floor it might something with a life span measured in hours when on a ladened FJR in rally mode.

No comments: