Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ready, Camera, Action!




Here’s a brilliant idea that I remember exactly who it came from.  Roger Van Santen sported this mod to his jacket and I wasted no time in doing the same to the Aerostich.  What you see before you is a near fool-proof way to always have your camera handy and never leave it behind.  Actually, the mod is even better than that.  The camera hasn’t hit the ground since it’s been tethered to me.
  
Using a soldering iron, I burned two small holes in the suit fabric just inside the right, chest cargo pocket of my riding suit.  The hot iron melts the cordura and prevents fraying.  Then thread a small split ring through the holes.  Thread the belt clip of a heavy-duty, retractable key ring onto the split ring and the loop the camera’s wrist strap through the other ring. The camera tucks into the pocket when not in use.   Simple, elegant functional.  Brilliant, Roger. 

No comments: