Monday, April 22, 2013

No hacking required

Here's a follow up on my iPhone mount post.  What you see is one of those model-specific parts I mentioned a couple of days ago.  No hacking required.  The Ram-Bone is has a RAM ball mount on a five inch aluminum shaft.  Its designed specifically for the Yamaha FJR, and utilizes the front fuel tank bolts located just aft of the steering yoke. 

I'm going to try this location for the iPhone. It's a lot lower and out of my field of view than most of my equipment, but as I said, I'm running short on dash space.  We'll see how it works out.


1 comment:

iMotoPilot said...

I just got my FJR and was looking to setup my iPhone just the way I had it on my Honda VFR.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk148/britt_vfr/RAM%20Mount/IMG_2167.jpg

Just cant find the Ram ball mount to fit the upper tank bolts. Where did you source this one? Thx